As promised, here is my FULL leg day workout routine! This workout is a killer, and I promise if you try it out, you will be sore for at least three days afterwards 🙂 My general workout program is a two week cycle, so leg day is every two weeks! This gives my muscles enough time to rest and recover so that I can get stronger.
- 10 minutes warm up cycle
- 3 x 10 weighted back squats (I do 50kg)
- 1 x 6 weighted back squats (I do 60kg)
- 3 x 10 weighted sprinter squats per leg (I use 6kg dumbbells in each hand)
- 3 x 10 split squat jumps per leg/ jump lunges
- 30 second hold in squat position x 3
After my leg workout I do shoulders which includes side raises, front raises and single arm shoulder press 🙂
Leg day is my favourite day 😛 And I can feel that I’m getting stronger!
So this is how I look and feel after this workout! 😛
But it is the best feeling to be sore and know that you’ve worked out hard. Learn to love the burn ❤